Saturday 2 May 2020

a birthday...


*today is my father's birthday...*

My posts today cover topics I know he would like...

trees and wild places - every Saturday - he always took my younger brother and me for walks through bushland, just down the end of our street - the area now Western Sydney.
He taught us to value Nature...

learning - he valued every opportunity to learn, always reading about the sciences, new discoveries...

music? - I don't really know... Perhaps I was too young to know...But I am guessing, by his interests, that he would love exploring sounds as do I...

a creator - a self-taught gardener and lover of making 'something from nothing' - esp woods
The bookshelf above he made for me when I was in primary school...
I loved it and still do...
It is made from packing cases...
(The other image below is of a stand he made for my mother...)

he valued his own company - the Emily Dickinson connection...

Sadly, I know little more of my father...
He passed away when I was barely 12, just starting high school...

But I feel that I am very much a product of him...
My father lives on...in me...

*A very happy birthday, dad...*

No comments:

Blog Archive