Sunday 3 May 2020

a Sunday walk...

(Taking a leaf out of Anne Louise Avery's Goose tale yesterday...
 'I will have a nice day despite it all, she determined,')

So, on this rather grey, cold, 'maybe-it-will-rain' Sunday morning, I took a walk...
It's very hilly (steep) round my home...
My choice was to face the hills of Arthurs Seat, on what would be a short walk...
or take a short drive down the hill to Dromana,
park in the Hub carpark,
grab a little shopping...
and then walk the flat area...
which could lead into a longer walk and offer the opportunity to see more for my time...
(I think you can guess that I leant to the latter choice without much hesitation)...

Dromana homes are an interesting mix of
the old (tourist weekenders/holidays + permanent), the new (tourist + permanent),
the borrowed (Tuscan influences in colour and style) and the blue (we are by Port Phillip Bay)...
It's quite awhile since last I wandered my streets by the sea...
(usually I gravitate to the sea)

I was surprised to find so much I didn't know...

There is a Dromana Community Garden...
I loved both sides of the sign...








Sadly, the garden looked as if it was doing it's 'own thing' being wild...But still I was intrigued...

Finally, I just photographed the sign...










Adore the art of the rust from the back view of the sign...








Walking further, I looked for the quirky...
I was not disappointed...

I found this multi-purpose old wheelbarrow...
looking splendid in succulents...



and some quirky birds...



and mailboxes in a cute little house of their own...



And finally, I did not know that Dromana Recreation Reserve and Oval was granted this status...
(though I had seen medical emergency helicopters land there)




Walking streets close to home is not only great for the health...
but also can be a very interesting past-time...
even on a cold and grey day...

No comments:

Blog Archive