Sunday 10 May 2020

little dove lost...

Tonight, I heard the strangest thumping on my lounge room window...
From inside looking out, I could see nothing...
But outside...
On the ledge...
A very stunned, very still, little dove...

I talked awhile quietly to the little one...
And finally, movement...
To the ground
Pacing...
Up and down
Up and down
in the autumn leaves...

And then...
Flight...

Straight to the window light...
The cycle began again...

So back inside,
I turned out the light...

Silence...

So far...

UPDATE
And now - 2 hours later at nearly 9:30pm
The little one
is just sitting
by the front steps
in the autumn leaves...

UPDATE
It is now 10;15pm
There is no sign of the little one...
I have looked carefully in the leaves...
But nothing...
I hope that means he is OK...

No comments:

Blog Archive